Saturday, July 01, 2006

Superman Returns! And my friends leave=(

I don't care what the newspaper say. It's common knowledge (at least within my family..haha) that most of the local newspaper critics have totally different tastes in movies compared to us. A C for Superman Returns? My goodness..It was one of the rare movies in recent memory that actually nearly moved me to tears.
Nearly you ask? Yes..nearly..cause somebody kept bugging me during the movie. Actually there were two Janes there with me, one physically and the other electronically. Haha..How so? One was quietly enjoying the movie, the other was shooting questions off like nobody's business. And the questions had nothing to do with the movie actually. She was just being irritating. Good thing I'm stuck with the nice Jane most of the time=)
Anyway, those of you who can DO remember to catch this. I can't say I'm totally objective about this (hmm..sounds familiar eh vamiceli?) since Superman, Spiderman and Batman all rank among the highest among my favourite comic book heroes. Funny, their all men..lol..But the storylines that come along with those characters are real nice, complex and full of dilemmas - nicely mimicking real life, albeit a little exaggerated at times. HOWEVER, remember to shift your sitting positions once in a while. It is nearly 3 hours long, and a sleepy butt and/or DVT is really not something that one would like. Ever. Haha..
Even though Superman returns, my friends are leaving. So sad..But I've learnt that when you care for someone you should learn how to let go. Let them fly and soar, spread their wings, broaden their horizons, change their perspectives. These, in my personal experience, really DOES make a person better. If you care about them, you would want them to improve where ever and whenever they can. So, let them go. Even though the pain of separation is there, it will not last. There will be a day when we will meet again. Be it a second away, or a year away, there will be such a day. Like the song that goes "someday out of the blue, maybe years from now, or maybe someday soon; I turn and I see you, as if our love were new". It's quite fitting. The years will fall away when we meet again. Til then, take care of yourselves. Strive hard to reach your true potential!
(And for those who are a little more tech-savvy, instead of "years from now" let it be instead "someday soon". Get a webcam so that I can see you whenever we both chance to go online at the same time. Haha)
Everybody's taking off (some literally), when will it be my turn to fly? And when will we meet again? We'll meet again. Farewell, farewell! Godspeed, and may He return you to me..



Certain names have been changed to protect privacy. Jane = Jane Doe. Incidentally, both Janes mentioned in the article have the same names. One is the epitome of a good friend (thanks for coming to the movies, and also for the tomyam cure for sore throats), the other just destroys the good image I conjure everytime I hear that name. But don't be so bad lar, CSKing, calling people pork chop-_-"

No comments: