Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Musings...

Sigh, berry left for some days already and I havn't yet finished the post about our trip.

Feeling a bit under the weather today. Wonder why. Been having feelings of..I'm not even sure of what they are too. Emptiness? Nostalgia? Haha. Such things should be relegated to my twilight years, after which they should be assuaged when my family comes a-visiting.
I guess this could be the first time I'm feeling such feelings for a long, long time. Maybe I just miss my friends a lot these days. Does this harken of any forebodings?
Maybe it's due to the fact that I was thinking of a conversation with berry on the way back on saturday. (Don't worry, your life is private and will not feature in this blog or anywhere else without your consent=) After all, what's a doctor without patient confidentiality?) However, thinking back on things that were and of things that are to come, I'm left wondering. Is tanN right?

Does out of sight = out of mind?

Bio Sciences course at a certain university taught me that such a concept is actually how an infanct views the world. Supposedly after a certain age, which is much much less than 5 years, the child would have already overcome such a hindrance to thought. Even if something is not seen it should be still assumed to exist. Then how come such a concept still lingers on in certain aspects of individuals? Is this a childish remnant in us? Especially emotionally..

Will plans that have been made and executed for years be discarded?
Will there be another obstacle in the path leading to our futures?
How come things start to seem like a waste?
Or maybe I'm just too fickle-minded for my own good?
Or worse..the child within has always remained there..never to grow up, perpetually stuck in neverland?

Sigh..

They say that battles are fought and won from within. If I just do what Micheal Jackson says, asking the man in the mirror to change, maybe things will work out. Be more outgoing, speak up and speak out, be more open with your friends. These I have all tried, to a certain extent. Perhaps there should be more before I am a more worthy friend to all. Then maybe, just maybe..my winter will end. And spring will have come.





I feel a bout of Escapism and Denial coming on. I wonder which phase am I stuck in now..BS has totally deserted me. Could this be repayment for my lack of effort in that area? (ok, yea, I admit it is)





I think I better go check out susan's blog..Got some growing up to do..

No comments: