Thursday, July 27, 2006

Berry in Msia Part 2

Ok, after much dragging of feet (hey, I've got a life besides being a blogger!), here's the rest of the trip story.

First up, let's see some pictures taken in the room, of the room. Yea, I know, it's sad but we weren't allowed to be picture furnitures. So there's no real look at us in the room, except perhaps larry who got a sneak view=) Notice his legs sticking out from the bottom left corner of the right picture? lol














After a night at the City Bayview hotel, which incidently is a 4-star hotel (! omg !), we went down to the in-house restaurant for buffet. The Flamingo offered quite standard stuff, sadly. But what amazed us all was the stomach capacity of a certain person, who was actually quite thin! Larry was already lazing around like somebody who had too much to eat, and I was quite maxed out, but "that person" was going back for more! Haha..I can still remember the look on Larry's face when asked if he wanted anything more! All he could say was, "Er, I think I'll get some fruits for you guys..." Wahaha..
Btw, I wonder. There were like a big bunch of policemen coming in for buffet breakfast too. Complete with uniforms and tags that said "I'm anti-corruption! =)" I wonder if they were at the hotel for some function too, since the only other explanation is that they pon their work en masse just to have a RM30++ buffet breakfast. Hmm, if so how come there wasn't any sign there mentioning their function? I know for a fact that the minerologist and geologist seminar was advertised VERY loudly in the form of an enormous banner. Maybe they were some undercover cops going for a course of "Undercover 101: The basic skills" and didn't want people to know! Haha..
Sorry, STM was off that morning. So no food pics for you people=(

Checked out the swimming pool after that. It was on the 4th floor (floor 3B to all you superstitious people out there) and was looking quite deserted. Either it was due to lack of demand since it was a low peak morning, or maybe it was just run down. Haha..









Oh, and here's our car, parked outside at the parking lot. It's disgusting that a 4-star hotel doesn't have underground parking. *blek* Oh well..









Tried to visit the Mahsuri Tomb and the Snake Sanctuary, both of which we found out later required us to buy tickets. That is so NOT the way man. Haha. Oh, Mahsuri was this princess who was framed for some treasonous actions and was executed. Before it was done, she swore an oath that she was innocent. To prove it, she said her blood would be white if she was really innocent. And if and when it came to that, Langkawi would be cursed for 7 generations. Well, lore says that her blood really did come out as white, and I remember a news article years ago saying that Langkawi really DID suffer from lousy economy for 7 generations after she died. The curse apparently was finally lifted during the 8th generation, which was about a decade or so ago. Then again, Mahathir did make some plans and approve projects trying to improve Langkawi's economy. So, it could have been a self-fulfilling prophecy. Haha..oh right, here's another of Mahathir's projects. The Eagle, or Lang. It's located at Eagle Square, just next to the jetty. Hmm..berry seems to like filming it's butt. Haha..












Took the 2.30pm ferry to Penang after that. Tremendously fun trip or terribly agonising trip, depending on who you were and your perspective. Haha..Initially thought it was a 45 minute trip, but it turned out to be a 3 hour trip! OMG! Haha..Everyone was fine initially, until the ferry reached choppy waters. It was real fun in the sense that the whole boat was going up and down like some kind of crazy aqua rollercoaster. The first time it did that I was thrown up so high that my feet left the ground! Whee! Since I was having so much fun I thought, hey, might as well call larry up to the observation deck so that he could accompany berry and enjoy the ride. Turned out to be a bad decision. Lol..As I sat down I started getting quesy. Haha..must be that when sitting down the whole body goes up and down along with the boat, causing a nauseating feeling. I still remember the cold sweat erupting all over me. Lol..not to mention that our seats were right smack at the front of the boat where the oscillations were the greatest! But I guess that's not as bad as larry was experiencing. After a while, berry came down and asked me to look after larry. He was in worse shape than I was! Haha..can't imagine why til he puked later. His digestion system was seriously slow! Haha..there were some vegetables leftover from breakfast *ewww* And there I was, thinking that being up on the observation deck helped to ease the nausea since you can sorta "ride the wave", ensuring that the head is at a nearly constant level. Oh well, at least he felt better after that. Good thing I didn't tell him it was a 3 hour journey there and then. Just before he puked, he told me something like, "This is a real long delay! If it's going to be a 2 hours trip I don't think I can survive~~"
lol

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Managed to reach Penang without further incident. Maybe because all of us just gave up and went to sleep. Haha..berry's the best, no sign of nausea at all! Lol..
When we reached we took an unofficial cab. Haha..the guy was a little old and his gear shifts were slightly delayed, but hey, it was ok. He was quite genial and let me haggle a little with him in Hokkien over the price. Even stopped later on and helped us to take pictures of the Penang bridge at night=) Here's his contact, if anyone ever needs it.
0164814623 Ah Chui
It roughly translates as Water Guy.
Went around looking for famous tau sah pia and beh tee saw. Too bad the usual shop I get my stock from was closed=( At least he found another shop that sold us another brand, but it tasted ok so I guess it's not all that bad.
Dinner came next. Whee! Finally, some Penang food! =) Unsurprisingly, berry activated STM again! Haha..
Ok, so here's the whole gamut of food we ate at New Lane. FYI, it's near Komtar tower and some say it's slightly more expensive since mostly tourists go there. Oh well, I've always been eating there along with the locals, so that's that. After all, there are so many choices!

Hmph, looks like somethings going wrong again. Pictures are taking forever to load. I'll add them during the next post. Which will be really soon. I promise!
Hey, when have I ever broken my word when it counts? =)

No comments: