Friday, June 16, 2006

Memories..

Nope, this is not about my past memories and reveries. Such things are for later, like when I leave someplace that I adore, or someone I adore leaves me. You know, life-changing or defining moments like that.
Anyway, back to the point. Memories are sometimes said to be unpleasant. This is SOOO true. If not for memories, Sum2 would have been so fun. I'm not kidding. It was much easier than expected (yeah, even for slackers like me who last minute study 1..haha..). In fact, this fella in front of me finished the paper like 40 minutes before the time was up. That might not sound like much..until you find out that Sum2 was 1hr 10 mins long. So he finished in HALF AN HOUR!! Cool..
So there's this question worth bout 10%. It starts off quite ok. Like, "name 2 methods to improve memory". OK..CSKing said that mnemonics would be a good answer. Next, "state the differences in antrograde and retrograde amnesia". Oh no..how come never heard before?! So, there goes strike 1. Then comes strike 2: "draw a mind map about the 3-stage memory method". Or something along the lines. So that's it. Totally ruined the whole Sum2.
And I had this nice feeling deep down just before I reached that question.
Aih..
Ya, I know. Students should be more proactive and read outside the scope of lectures etc etc. It's true, I'll vouch for that. It helps us students to learn more and remember better about what ever we are supposed to learn. But then, I had such a gooood warm fuzzy feeling. Sigh, there's uni life for you.