Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

One thing I must point out. I am not a believer in the "new" form of family. You can call me old-fashioned or whatever, some people even feel that this is discriminatory, but it's my beliefs, so there. I just feel that with all these changes in morals and what-not over the eons there should be a standard for us to look up to, and that personally is the Word of God. The Bible.
Anyway, the traditional form of family aka father-mother-kids is still the way to go as far as I'm concerned. So, let's just submit to consumerism-laden festivals! Today is Fathers' Day! Haha..yeah, some people say it's just another thing like Valentine's Day etc. meaning leacherous days that benefit the traders of society. Ok, that's a viewpoint. But as for me and my house, we still have to show some form of appreciation on special days. (Of course it goes without saying that we will the Lord, Joshua 24:15..haha..) After all, it's something nice to look forward to. Don't get me wrong, it's not like we neglect all that during the rest of the year. It's something like a birthday - something nice to look forward to, presents to get, but not necessary.
Anyway, whatever it is, it was just great. The atmosphere, everything. This is what family is. People who care for one another and love each other. Not just for a day, but for the whole of our lives. Ah~ I'm getting sentimental. Haha..

Happy Fathers' Day Pa!
May God bless you as always and continue to increase His blessings in time to come. May you grow from strength to strength. Thank you God for such a good dad. And thank you dad for being such a good dad. (=

Ok, let the tears flow down now.